Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Walking Computer Chips







In A New Premise, written a few years ago now, I describe a future where all residents have a small computer chip, called a grain, implanted.   The device has various purposes, including paying for purchases.   I was interested to read here about a firm that has something similar implanted in their employees.   The stated reason is to gain access to company files, copiers and even snack machines but like I wrote in my book, this would be easily adapted to other purposes.   

I wonder if I can claim royalties of some kind?

2 comments:

  1. I saw that news story about the little chips in peoples' hands. I'm not afraid of technology, but I AM afraid of it being misused, so I don't know if I would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it could easily be misused. I could imagine parents wanting to keep track of their children. I don't like at the CCTV cameras everywhere, especially in the UK but younger people seem to be used it.

    ReplyDelete